Should all infield mixes be the same? Can a little league infield use the same mix as a major league infield?
ASTM F2107 provides some guidelines for what an infield mix should be comprised of. But, should a true standard specification be created for infield mix?
SportsTurf Magazine recently posed similar questions to many experts in the baseball industry. Waupaca Sand & Solutions was asked to give its opinions on those topics. We shared our experience with manufacturing infield mixes, knowledge of raw materials, and our customers’ preferences with the editor of SportsTurf.
Infield maintenance is an art and a science. Because of that balance, the discussion on infield mix standards will likely be ongoing for a long time.
Written by Dena DiVincenzo Wednesday, March 28, 2012 08:40 AM
Most Popular Posts
- Choosing Infield Mix Can Be Difficult
- Assistant Superintendent Seminar Second to None
- WTA Winter Expo Rejuvenated
- Speedy-Green Divot Recovery
- Order Sand With Your Mobile Phone
- Sand Math: How Much Sand Do I Need For My Project?
- Good Things Come in Small Packages
- Waupaca Sand’s Finest Stars in “Sand Masters”
- 5 Guidelines for Selling Ideas to Your Greens Committee
- Waupaca Sand Takes the Big Stage at STMA National